- Was a licensed day care provider from 1992 to 2008.
- Worked in a preschool program from 2008 to 2010.
- Worked as an activity coordinator from 2010 to 2012.
- Has a Human Service Technician vocational degree.
- Has completed Child Passenger Safety training.
- Sandy has been involved with children her whole life. Her mother owned a day care for 20 years and Sandy was right next to her helping.
- She was born with the instinct of wanting to work with children. Growing up she would tell her mom that she wanted to take care of kids just like her.
- She owned her own day care for 16 years and loved it. When she moved to Byron she saw the child care center and she knew that she wanted to work with children again.
- Her goal is to help the children feel safe and comforted while the parents are at work. To work together with her co-workers to ensure our center is an organized and clean environment and to make it a home away from home for the children.