Owner & Director
Owner & Director
As the creator, owner and director of Early Advantage Developmental Child Care Center, Teresa has had a passion for small children since she was very young. She enjoys their willingness to try new things and their excitement with learning.
Teresa starting working with children when she was a teenager and has not stopped since. When she was in high school she was instrumental in the creation of a weekly children’s club which is a program that has continued for years with many participants. While working on her degree in Elementary Education she found many opportunities to mentor children. Whether it was a one on one mentoring program or lead teacher of a toddler department in a large learning center, Teresa surrounded herself with educational experiences. After gathering experience in an array of different teaching environments she decided to put her passion for young children and her dream of being a business owner together. She started a small, in-home child care business that offered families a place that would meet their child care needs and desires for an optimal learning experience for their young children.
After gathering experience as a business owner and developing a business plan, Teresa and her husband Todd decided to take the next big step which was to move the business to a center environment. Together, they purchased an existing child care center and have completely remodeled the building and program. Teresa is now living her dream of owning and running her own early childhood education program.
- Graduated in May 2012 from RCTC with a Child Development Diploma.
- Attended Winona State 2010-2011 for Early Childhood Education.
- Worked in a child care center from September 2009 until August 2010.
- Has been babysitting for 15 years.
- Did volunteer work for a year and a half in a child care center.
- Is certified in First Aid and CPR.
- Has completed Child Passenger Safety training.
- She started working with children in 6th grade, babysitting for friends of the family and her cousins.
- She knew she wanted to work with children when she was in elementary school. She has two younger brothers that she helped her mom take care of.
- She had an interest working with younger children, so she decided that teaching in a child care center would allow her exposure to a wide range of young children.
- Some of her goals are to make sure the children are safe and that they feel secure, and also to see the children grow and develop into their own person and guide them along the way.
- Working with children is truly her passion.