Do you love making a difference? At Early Advantage, you will make a difference each day in the lives of the children you care for.
By joining our school family; you will be able to build strong connections, teach children new skills, and go home each day feeling satisfied you made a difference! There are different opportunities within our program to work with children as young as 6 weeks old up until they start kindergarten. We work with each candidate to place them with an age group that suits them best.
This is a fast-paced work environment where every day you will be faced with new experiences. We encourage having fun and building bonds with our students and their families. You will be welcomed to the team, supported by your co-workers and administrators while you become a valuable member of the Early Advantage family. Come join the family by becoming an Early Advantage Teacher’s Aide today!
complete list of job duties available during interview
- Adapting to the needs of all children in the classroom
- Building lasting relationships and connections with children and families
- Actively engaging with all children by getting down on their level and having fun
- Loving and enjoying all of the children while in your care
- Being respectful and creating partnerships with your co-workers, must possess a strong ability to have positive and open communication with co-workers
- Maintain a clean and safe learning environment for the children; this includes cleaning responsibilities throughout the day
- Flexibility to understand every day will have its moments!
- Maintain a consistent daily routine, including mealtimes, physical play, nap period, and exploration of all things child care!
- Encourage age appropriate learning and experiences
- Put the wellbeing of children and their families first
- Actively engage and monitor children while inside and outside; their safety is number one!
- Participate in lessons and activities throughout the day and afternoon
- Get down on the children’s level; interact with intention
Sing songs, play games, read books; build from the children’s knowledge and skills
- Engage children in positive, productive activities that support their learning and development
- Provide quality, nurturing care to all children enrolled in the program
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment for children and staff
- Assist in conflict management between children in the classroom; teach the children skills that
they are missing
- Physically move yourself around the classroom to effectively monitor and assist children
- Support the lesson/activity provided by Lead teacher; follow their lead and direction
- Assist the Lead Teacher with both long- and short-range activities in accordance with curriculum
objectives, developmentally appropriate practices, and program philosophy
- Help the Lead Teacher to arrange the classroom environment in accordance to program goals
- Assist children throughout the daily routine; provide extra assistance while in the bathroom,
transition times, and during meal times
- Accurately complete cleaning duty tasks
- Accurately fill out and maintain daily roster, daily reports, accident/incident forms, medication
logs, behavior documentation
- Stay current will all required training including CPR, First Aid, SUIDS, AHT.