When you become an Assistant Teacher at Early Advantage, you become the supportive glue that helps build even stronger relationships between your teammates and the children in your care. Assistant Teachers will continue engaging children in the curriculum, assist in guiding the classroom routine when needed, and be the right-hand team player to the classroom Lead Teachers. Your can-do attitude will allow you to grow and succeed every day at Early Advantage!
- Actively engage and monitor children while inside and outside; their safety is number one!
- Build professional relationships with parents; share ideas, strategies, concerns with parents as
- Provide quality, nurturing care to children enrolled in the program
- Maintain a safe, clean, and healthy environment for children and staff
- Respond consistently and effectively to all needs of the children in your care
- Actively engage and be an intentional teacher; model appropriate expectations
- Be responsible for your classroom; assist with cleaning duties and delegation of tasks in your
- Promote social, emotional, physical, and educational skills in accordance with our curriculum
programs. Help ensure all activities are developmentally acceptable and age appropriate.
- Assist, as directed by the lead teacher, with weekly lesson plans that include social/emotional
skills and educational domains.
- Maintain all required classroom items and equipment.
- As needed assist with the bi-annual assessment of children’s development.
- Accurately fill out and maintain daily roster, daily reports, accident/incident forms, medication
logs, behavior documentation.
- Help with daily and weekly cleaning duties and maintain cleaning records.
- May be considered the Lead Teacher up to 3 hours a day on a regular basis or substitute for a
full day in the absence of the normal Lead Teacher.
- Stay current will all required training including, but not limited to, CPR, First Aid, SUIDS, AHT.